Friday, May 13, 2005

A Tried and True Treatment

SulfodeneĀ® has long been a product known as a good treatment for "hot spots" on dogs. I've used it for years on the dogs whenever they get mild abrasions or skin irritations.

What I didn't realize is that it contains some natural ingredients including:

  • citronella oil
  • thyme oil
  • commint oil
  • clove oil
  • echicnacea


Since I'm really into natural remedies both for myself and my dogs, it is nice to see these ingredients in a product that isn't marketed as "alternative."

I also didn't know they have ointment swabs - perfect for a doggie first aid kit. The 3-Way Ointment, according to marketing materials, treats wounds in three ways: preventing infection, aiding in pain relief and providing an insect/water/germ barrier to protect the injury while healing."

Have you used Sulfodene products on your pups? Tell us about it.